Dear IB students,
Welcome (back) to our school!!!
Although we are all facing COVID – 19 adverse and unpleasant circumstances and have to learn how live with the virus, we are happy that we can actually start this school year on-site, together with you.
Students attending the International Baccalaureate Programme (both MYP and DP) will come to school physically every working day, they will be on-site every day, and always in the morning shift, under the time table which will be assigned to you by your homeroom teachers on the very first day of classes.
Even though the main entry into the school building is located in Jordanovac Street, IB students will enter the school building from Čikoševa Street (Entry “Čikoševa 1”) and use it to exit as well.
IB students will use classrooms in M and J corridor. Every grade will be assigned a specific classroom, you will have all the classes in it and keep it as clean and neat as possible since you will be spending a large part of the day in it.
We are all looking forward to seeing you in school on Monday, 7 September 2020 under the following schedule:
Your IB Teachers
Instructions and Measures for COVID-19 Control
in XV. GIMNAZIJA, ZAGREB
Entry into the school building
Entry and stay in the actual school building is allowed to students and school staff only. Exceptionally, parents/assistants/caretakers of students with disabilities can enter school and other persons as well, only in case of great necessity.
Records will be kept on the entry into and exit out of the school.
All students and school staff are obliged to have their temperature measured prior to entering the school building.
Students and school staff are not allowed to enter or stay in the school building if:
- they have increased body temperature (<37,2 ), respiratory problems, and/or symptoms like coughing, loss of sense of smell and taste, sore throat, diarrhoea, vomiting,
- they are required to go into isolation,
- they are aware they have been infected by COVID-19.
All persons entering the school are obliged to have a face mask on and disinfect their hands and shoe soles upon entry. It is obligatory to have the mask on during the entire stay in school, as well as to keep the appropriate physical distance from other persons.
In order to be as efficient as possible in implementing prevention of the COVD -19 infection, we remind students of the importance of physical distancing:
- when entering/exiting the school building,
- by following the floor signs indicating the walking direction in the school corridors ,
- by following the signs pointing to the proper way to access the toilet facilities,
- by following the signs pointing to the proper way to access the school library,
- by following the signs pointing to the proper way to access the school cafeteria,
- during their time spent in the classroom, with a special attention to a specific sitting arrangement.
Regular hand washing with water and soap will be possible in every classroom. Hands are washed:
- prior to entering a classroom,
- before and after preparing food,
- before eating,
- after using the toilet facilities,
- when returning to school after being out.
Hands should be washed in the appropriate way: https://bit.ly/2ThY08M.
Under the Instructions from the HZJZ (Croatian Institute of Public Health), all students are to use their own stationary and are not to share it with their co-students.
Students attending the International Baccalaureate Programme (both MYP and DP) will come to school physically every working day, they will be on-site every day, and always in the morning shift, under the time table for that specific day. IB students will enter the school building from Čikoševa Street (Entry “Čikoševa 1”).
Every grade is assigned a specific classroom, where all the classes will be taught. Only practical work for chemistry, biology, visual arts, DD or similar student groups will be held in specialized classrooms.
Big break will be organized at a different time for different grades, all under the specific and prepared timetable.
Classes will be double, whenever possible, in order to reduce the number of teachers entering a classroom in a day.
Extracurricular activities and electives will be held on-line.
- at the beginning and the end of every shift, appropriate sanitation procedures will be implemented to clean the classrooms under assigned instructions,
- during a working day, classrooms will be repeatedly aired, regularly during big breaks and at least for 5 minutes during every school period,
- hand washing with water and soap will be possible in every classroom, paper towels will also be available,
- specific isolation rooms have been provided as well as the teachers to stay with students until the arrival of their parents.